Education and Experience
- Currently an Ambizione Fellow (Swiss National Science Foundation) at EPFL.
- Formerly a CCAPP Fellow at The Ohio State University.
- Received my Ph.D. in physics from the University of California, Berkeley in 2013.
- M.A.St. in Mathematics (Part III) from University of Cambridge in 2007.
Fiske Scholar at Trinity College (Harvard-Cambridge Scholar)
- A.B. in Physics and Astronomy/Astrophysics from Harvard University in 2006.
For more information, see my C.V.
I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. Since then, I have lived in Cambridge (both Massachusetts and England), Berkeley, Zurich, Columbus, and Geneva.
I can't be in the office all the time. When I'm not working, I particularly enjoy traveling and playing soccer and tennis. I love the outdoors, especially biking, skiing, hiking, and backpacking.
I try to stay informed on politics and economics. Two of my favorite sources are The Economist and Slate's Political Gabfest.