The Herbarium was founded in 1891 by William A. Kellerman, the University's first botany professor, and currently contains approximately 500,000 specimens of vascular plants, bryophytes, lichens, algae and diatoms, fleshy fungi, and slime molds. The emphases are on flora of eastern North America (especially Ohio) and of temperate South America, but many of the collections have good general geographical coverage. The Herbarium library is a significant collection of books and serials, including archival materials and rare items pertaining to systematic botany. It also houses the Rudolph book collection.
Link To Herbarium Site