Museum of Zoology

 

Research and teaching collections at the Museum of Zoology were initiated in 1874 by Albert H. Tuttle, then Chairman of Zoology and Veterinary Science.  Organization and cataloging of holdings began in 1891 under David S. Kellicott.  The Museum is organized into six divisions: Bivalve Mollusks, Crustaceans, Fishes, Gastropods and the General Collections, Higher Vertebrates, and Parasitic Worms.  The collections of unionid mollusks and pleurocerid snails are the most extensive of their kind known.  A comprehensive map library, divisional research libraries, photo and x-ray studios, and an electrophoresis laboratory complement the collections.

     


 

Link To Fish Division Site

 

Link To Mollusc Division Site

 

Home

Acarology

Limnology

Faculty

Research News

Mission

Borror Lab

Biodiversity Upcoming Events

Contact & Location

Entomology

Systematics

Students

History

Donations

Herbarium

Bioacoustics

Global reach

 

Links

Zoology