- No Lab during 1st Week.
- HW#1 due date extended to Friday, Jan. 12 at 11:30 PM
- Beginning with quiz #3 the quizzes will have 5 problems instead of 4 and will run 15 minutes total. The total number of points for each quiz remains at 20.
- Reminder: Midterm is Monday, February 5. It will take place in recitation rooms at the regular class times.
- Midterm will be based on the material covered in the lectures and recitations and on the HW problems. It will cover Ch 18,19,20 of Cutnell & Johnson. The best way to
study is to know how to do all assigned HW problems, conceptual questions,
and group work. You may also want to solve some of the practice midterms.
- Midterm will contain 10 multiple choice problems and 2 show work problems. The Midterm is closed book, but you will be provided with the following list of relevant
equations and constants (click here). Bring a calculator, with the memory cleared.
- There will be preparation sessions for the midterm run by the lecturers at the following times and locations (you may attend any of these, independent of which section you are in):
- Friday, February 2, 1:30 - 2:18 pm, McPherson 1015 (Kovchegov).
- Sunday, February 4, 1:00 - 2:30 pm, Smith 1153 (Pelz, Reay).
- Due to popular demand we have posted answers to the groupwork problems on the web (click here).
- There will be NO LAB the week of February 26.
- DUE TO CLASS CANCELLATIONS CAUSED BY BAD WEATHER WE CHANGED THE SYLLABUS/ASSIGNMENT SHEET. Please take a look at the new Syllabus/Assignemnt Sheet. The HW is now due on Tuesdays, groupwork and quizzes will take place on Wednesdays. For more details see the new Syllabus/Assignemnt Sheet.
- The final exam is closed book, but two pages of constants and equations will be provided (click here). Bring a calculator, with the memory cleared.
- The final exam will feature 35-40 multiple choice questions. It will be comprehensive: about 1/3 will cover the material before the midterm, about 2/3 will cover the material after the midterm.
- The best way to study is to know how to do all assigned HW problems, conceptual questions, group work, and quiz questions, and to review your lecture notes. An old practice final is posted here.
- The final exam will be given in your regular recitation rooms at the following times/dates:
- 12:30 section: Monday, March 12, 2007, 11:30 am - 1:18 pm
- 1:30 section: Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 1:30 pm - 3:18 pm
- 2:30 section: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 1:30 pm - 3:18 pm
- PLEASE BRING No 2 PENCILS TO THE FINAL!!!
- Review sessions for the final exam:
- Sunday, March 11, 1:00 - 3:00 pm, Smith 1153 (Pelz, Reay).
- Monday, March 12, 9:30 - 10:30 am, Smith 1005 (Kovchegov).
- Practice final answer key is posted on the web here. You may also access it by clicking on the Practice Final link on the left.
- Shifts for the total quiz scores are:
- 12:30 section: no shift.
- 1:30 section: no shift.
- 2:30 section: no shift.
Last modified: Tue Jan 2 15:40:39 EST 2007