Former Ph.D. Students
- Tayler Blake, Ph.D., 2018
Nonparametric Covariance Estimation for Longitudinal Data
- Liubo Li, Ph.D., 2017 (co-advised with Vince Vu)
Trend-Filtered Projections for Principal Component Analysis
Now at ZestFinance, Los Angeles, CA.
- Jieyi Jiang, Ph.D., 2017 (co-advised with Steve MacEachern)
Realistic Predictive Risk: The Role of Penalty and
Covariate Diffusion in Model Selection
Now at Amazon, Seattle, WA.
- Andrew Landgraf,
Ph.D., 2015 (Whitney Research Award Winner)
Generalized Principal Component Analysis: Dimensionality Reduction
through the Projection of Natural Parameters
Now at Battelle Memorial Institute, Columbus, OH.
- John Lewis, Ph.D., 2014 (Craig Cooley Memorial Prize Winner, co-advised with Steve MacEachern)
Restricted Likelihood Methods
Now at Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM.
- Zhiyu Liang, Ph.D., 2014
of Kernel Operators for Nonlinear Dimension
Reduction and Discrimination
Now at MUFG Union Bank in San Francisco, CA.
- Rui Wang, Ph.D., 2012
of Classification Methods in Efficiency and Robustness
Now at Nationwide Insurance, Columbus, OH.
- Kazuki Uematsu, Ph.D., 2012
Consistency of Ranking: Bipartite and
Now at Chemitox, Japan.
- Cong Liu, Ph.D., 2012 (co-advised with Tao Shi)
Tales of Variable Selection for High Dimensional Data: Screening and
Now at American Express, New York, NY.
- Yoonsuh Jung, Ph.D., 2010 (co-advised with Steve MacEachern)
of Case Specific Parameters: A New Approach
for Improving Robustness and/or Efficiency of Statistical Methods
Now Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, Korea University, Korea.
- Youlan Rao, Ph.D., 2009 (co-advised with Jason Hsu)
Statistical Analysis of Microarray Experiments in
Now at United Therapeutics, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- Yonggang Yao, Ph.D., 2008 (Whitney Research Award Winner)
Applications of Linear Programming for Feature
Selection via Regularization Methods
Now Research Statistician/Software
Developer, STAT Group at SAS Institute, Cary, NC.
- Zhenhuan Cui, Ph.D., 2007 (SAS Summer Fellowship Recipient)
Solution Paths of Multicategory Support Vector Machines:
Algorithm and Applications
Now Research Statistician, Enterprise Miner R & D department
at SAS Institute, Cary, NC.
Current Ph.D. Students
- Jiae Kim
- Shanshan Tu (co-advised with Yunzhang Zhu)
- Jianhao Zhang
return to top