John Wilkins Curriculum Vita
- B.S. in Engineering, Northwestern University, June 1959.
- Ph.D. in Physics, University of Illinois, June 1963.
- NAS/NRC Fellowship, University of Cambridge, 1963-64.
- Assistant Professor of Physics, Cornell University, 1964-68.
- Associate Professor of Physics, Cornell University, 1968-74.
- Professor of Physics, Cornell University, 1974-1988.
- Ohio Eminent Scholar, Professor of Physics, Ohio State University, 1988-present.
- Fellow, American Academy of Arts & Sciences, 2010
- Fellow of APS and AAAS, 1992.
- Dr. of Technology (honorary), Chalmers University of Technology, 1990.
- Guggenheim Fellowship, 1985-86.
- Sloan Fellowship, 1966-1968.
- AFOSR Postdoctoral Felllow, 1963
- APS, Outstanding Referee, 2008 (lifetime award)
- Member, Department of Energy, BES, Committee of Visitors, 2003 and 2006.
- Member, U. of Chicago Science and Technology Advisory Comm. (1990-2003)
- Vice-Chair -> Past Chair, APS Div of Condensed Matter Physics,
- Member, Publications Oversight Committee of the American Physical Society
(1993-1997); Chair 1995-1996.
- Member, Executive Board of the American Physical Society (1992-93).
- Councillor, Division of Condensed Matter Physics, American Physical Society (1990-1993).
- Member, Executive Committee, APS-Div Condensed Matter Physics 1990-1993).
- Editorial Board, Physical Review B (1991-1993).
- Associate Editor, Physical Review Letters (1982-85).
- Associate Editor, Reviews of Modern Physics (1983-1995).
- Coordinator, Comments on Condensed Matter Physics (1985-1991).
- Associate Editor, Physica Scripta (1977-1985).
- Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory (1991-1999).
- Consultant, Los Alamos National Laboratory (1984-1991).
- Chairman, Review Task Force of Physical Review B (1991-1993).
- Chairman, Proposal Review Panel, Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source
- Member, U. of Chicago Review Comm. of Materials Science Div., Argonne
Nat. Lab (1984-1987).
- Member, Nominations Comm. of APS Div. of Condensed Matter
Physics (1984, 1985, 1987, 1990-1993).
- Member, International Comm. to Evaluate Research on Condensed Matter
in Norway (1985-86).
- Member, International Committee for Evaluation of Swedish Physics
- Expert, ESF study on the Scientific Case for a European Laboratory
for 100 Tesla Science (1998)
- Member, Theory Division External Advisory Comm., Los Alamos Nat. Lab.
- Member, Advisory Comm. for Conf. on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials
- Co-coordinator, ITP Mesoscopic Systems Program (1989-1991).
- Co-coordinator, ITP Strongly Interacting Fermions Program (1985-1986).
- Member, Review Task Force of Physical Review Letters (1990-1,2003-4).
- Member, Executive Comm. of APS Division of Biological Physics
- Member, Selection Committee for Hall of Fame in Ohio Technologies (1990).
- February-August 1968. Visiting Professor at Physics Laboratory, I,
H.C. Orsted, Institute, Copenhagen and Institute of Theoretical
Physics, Chalmers University of Technology, Goteborg.
- August 1972-August 1973. Nordita Visiting Professor at both of the
Institutes listed above.
- August 1975-August 1976. Visiting Professor at Nordita, Copenhagen,
in charge of starting solid state program at Nordita.
- September 1979-August 1981. Visiting Professor
at Nordita, Copenhagen.
- November 1985-June 1986; April-July 1991; April-June 1994.
Institute for Theoretical Physics, Santa Barbara, CA.
- September 1963. Research Assistant in Institute of Theoretical Physics,
Chalmers Tekniska Hogskoa, Goteborg, Sweden.
- June-August 1966, July 1977, July 1985. Aspen Institute,
Physics Division, Aspen, Colorado.
- June 1967. Lecturer at Advanced Study Institute on ``Tunneling Phenomena
in Solids,'' Riso, Denmark.
- August 1969. Consultant at Bell Telephone Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ.
- January 1970, 1973, 1979, 1981, 1985. Department of Physics,
University of California at San Diego, Jolla, CA.
- January 1971, 1974. Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University,
- July-August 1971 Institute of Theoretical Physics, Helsinki; also
lecturer at VI International Summer School in Theoretical Physics in
- August 1978, May-June 1984. Consultant at IBM T. J. Watson Research
Center, Yorktown Heights, NY.
- January 1982 Max Planck Institute fur Festkopferforschung, Stuttgart.
- October 1985. Lecturer for Troiseme Siecle, resident at Institut de
Physique, Universit de Neuchatel, Neuchatel, Switzerland.
- January 1984, 1987; June 1984; August 1985-98. Los Alamos National
Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM.
- January 1988. Consultant at Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA.
- February 1997, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Santa Barbara, CA.
To cite this page:
John Wilkins Curriculum Vitæ
Edited by: email@example.com on