UV Layout continued
Continuing with LAYING OUT UVs FOR THE HAPPINESS FIGURINE
Banana Tutorial (3d Texture Painting in Photoshop)
( Y:\Courses\2017-2018\AC7001_VitaAU17\Resources\Polygons\UVs\ banana\banana_low_poly.mb)
1. Use Paint Selection tool and Create/Sets/QuickSelectSet to isolate faces for UV shells.
More on Editing 3D Texture in Photoshop
More detailed 3D texture Youtube video with Steven Caplin (note more tutorials from him on the same topic)
Introduction to Photoshop brushes: Lessons 21-24 in Digital Tutors' "Your First Day with Photoshop CC".
Topology and High Resolution Modeling
General Goals for Modeling:
1. Accuracy: represent the proportions and details of the form (physical or sketched) as close as possible.
2. Visual/aesthetic impact: the model should support and contribute to the visual style of its context.
3. Efficiency: model with the lowest acceptable resolution and total number of polygons.
4. Effective Topology: flow of edges and faces in the model should accommodate surface deformation and texturing needs. This needs to be set up at a lo-poly level/stage of modeling. This often means ensuring quad topology and uniform spacing/sizing of faces.
Increasing Surface Resolution
Digital Tutors: Practical Skills for Optimal Topology ( at the very least check out the solutions videos)
Back to 7001