In 1953 Christian got his chance to return to Geradstetten, his first trip since the late 1920s. (1) On board the U.S.S United States with Berta and a friend (Mrs. Marquardt?) (2) Alfred, Mrs. Marquardt, Berta, and William, seeing Christian off.
Christian in Geradstetten, with his brother-in-law Karl Siegle in foreground.
(1) Fine family grouping at the silver wedding aniversary of Karl and Fridericke Siegle:
From left to right, Christian's brother and sister-in-law Wilhelm and Anna Palmer, Else Mayer(geb Siegle, cousin of Karl and Walter) Christian, Hilde, Kurt Kaercher, Karoline Lederer,
Rickele Kaercher (born Siegle, stepsister of Karl Siegle Senior), Friderike with flowers, Gustav Kaercher, husband of Rickele Kaecher), Karl Siegle, Karl Jr.,
Hilde Winter (born. Siegle), Wilhelmine Siegle (born Beutel, mother of Hilde Winter, sister-in law of Karl, wife of Friedrich Siegle), Fritz Siegle ( Hilde and Else's brother), Friedrich Siegle (father of Fritz, Hilde, Else, wife of Wilhemine), and Walter Siegle
(2) The Silbene Hochzeit Paar, Fridericke and Karl
From Christian's 1953 trip, left to right: Kurt Kaercher, Karl Jr., Anna? Wilhelm? Friderike, Friedrich Siegle, Karl's brother, Karl?, Christian, Hilde (standing) ,?, Karoline,?, Emma Beutel, Fritz Siegle, Rickele Kaercher, Hilde Winter (born Siegle).
Meanwhile, with his new Retina Ia camera, a gift from
Christian's 1953 trip: (1) Christian and (2) William at Far Rockaway.
(1) Christian and Berta at Far Rockway and (2) Christiian and Berta in the early '50s
(1) Christian and Berta with friends (2) 1954, Christian and Berta far right, at Charles Palmer wedding?
(1) With the Korean War not long over, soldier Alfred in 1954, after graduating from Cooper Union (2) William's high school; graduation picture, 1954